The Legal Aid Bureaus
NA’AMAT - the Movement for the Advancement of the status of Women in Israel operates 30 Legal Aid Bureaus throughout the country.
Four Women & Family Rights Centers provide the following services to over 10,000 women annually:
• Legal Counselling on matters of personal status
• Legal Counselling on work –related issues
• Legal Counselling for victims of domestic violence
• Legal Counselling for single-parent families with special needs
• Drafting of pre-marital agreements
• Parental agreements
• Wills and Bequests
• Family Counselling
• Economic and Financial Counselling
• Workshops and support groups
Each year NA’AMAT Attorneys file approximately 7-8 petitions to the Supreme Court (sitting as a high court of Justice), in regard to the status of women and related issues.
NA’AMAT Attorneys propose legislative initiatives to the Knesset (The Israeli Parliament) on matters concerning women’s rights.